mercredi 4 mai 2011

Drafts and Soundtrack

At the begining, I decided that I was going to do my opening scene in two parts :
-A first part, in which the protagonist arrives at the college in a car.
-A second part, in which the protagonist sets up in his room.
After I edited all, I realised that my opening scene was exceeding the 2 minutes allowed for the opening scene.
I decided to cut some parts of my movie (and the second part), I chose to get a calm piano song to link the opening scene with the melancholy that the protagonist might experience. This song is called "Humility" by Wim Mertens.

After watching the first draft, I decided that the opening was too "empty" so I decided to add the second part.
For my second and final draft, with the second part of the opening scene (with lots of short shots), I was more looking for a motivating song but still calm to help creating the atmosphere of someone coming in a new place. I found this song while watching the movie "Into The Wild". This song is called "Rise" and was composed by Eddie Vedder :


In both cases, the music was played right at the beginning of the opening scene, after the production company's clip.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire