samedi 7 mai 2011

Evaluation Activity 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?


I decided to use Geoffroy for my main actor in my opening sequence because he has the exact thing I wanted to show in my movie : a simple nearly stereotypical year 10 boy. I chose him to represent a part of the actual population but also a memory to the older ones.


 compared his character to Jake Tyler (Sean Faris) from "Never Back Down" because, despite the fact that my movie is not about boxing and their difference of age, they will both have to fight, physycally and mentally, to achieve what they want to. They will both have to discover a new world and be accepted in it. They are both determined to achieve their goals. Another similaruty between them is that they don't really show their emotions.


But, there  are still some differences between them. First, as I said, their age and "fight". But there is also the fact that one is more based on a physical way to fight whereas the other one describes more a mental way to fight. But perhaps it can turn out to have some more physical parts in my movie ... Finally, a major difference between them is that one is based on school whereas the other one is based on a campus, therefore, he is part of an university.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire