mardi 22 mars 2011

The Art Of Titles

For the research on the art of the title website, I had to think about my priorities on goal of the title. I also had to get ideas of fonts and examples of specific fonts or intra-writing.

The Art Of the Title

3 Priorities for my approach of the openning scene

-The fun in our business is creating new things

-When dealing with openning sequence, you try to relax the audience
-You don’t have to over complicate things to start with

Ideas for Credits

For my credits, I can use, for example, these fonts :


-Bell Gothic Std Black





-Bernard MT Condensed





-Charlemagne StD





-Stencil Std






These credits can be put during shots or between different shots.

I can also put the credit directly in the movie (E.g. on a paper)

Examples of Fonts in movies poster

The “Never Let me go” poster is a very good example of a specific font in a movie poster.



Fight Club poster is a perfect example of an intra-writing in the image (writing not aded in the movie by computer but present directly in the image).
 



I also compared the writing of the posters from a movie and his remake : Clash Of The Titans.

This movie poster is a poster from the original film “Clash of The Titans” in 1981.



This movie poster is from the remake of the movie “Clash of The Titans” in 2010



The two writings are quite the same, except from the color (gold for the 1981 version and silver for the 2010 remake). The original poster has a writing that looks "older" and recalls mythology whereas the other one looks more simple.


The Title of my Movie

The aim of this research was to get a title for my movie and also to understand how to use credits, when to put them and what kind of font I can use. I am hesitating between these three titles :
-The Newcomer
-A New Life
-The Outsider

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire